This is an exciting opportunity for students and career breakers interested in the areas of child therapy, health and development to gain experience working with vulnerable young people in India
The project is based at Faith. A Jaipur based charity providing top-notch care for children from 6 -18 affected by HIV/AIDs.
Faith’s mission is to promote the health, growth and development of these children.
You will shadow a member of the Faith team to gain a 360 insight into our unique model of care and treatment. You will also run daily activity sessions to help the children develop their cognitive and emotional development and complete an end-of-placement project.
Applicants with relevant qualifications will be given first consideration. You will be asked to send your CV/application before being accepted onto this project.
What you can expect?
- Plan and run stimulating and interactive activities with the children, from outdoor games to music and dance.
- Learn about the role of HIV/AIDS in child development
- Attend medical clinics to gain an insight into Anti-Retroviral Treatment for HIV
- Understand more about the role of alternative therapy in promoting healing and growth with a focus on yoga and meditation
- Learn about the role of diet and nutrition in child development
- Attend meetings with key government departments to learn more about child protection policies, safeguarding and welfare
- Visit other care-homes to see how their model and approach to child development differs.
- Complete an end-of-placement research project based on your experience at various centres and with the children.
- Participate in cookery sessions with the children
- Participate in yoga/sports sessions with the children
- Go on sightseeing trips around Jaipur and to key spots such as Agra and Pushkar.
Sian Rees http://www.volunteerinvest.org/sian-rees-faith/
Rebecca Jones http://www.volunteerinvest.org/visit-faith/
You will be based with a local family in Jaipur, India for 4 weeks and will contribute to a programme fee that covers all in-country associated costs and supports Faith’s work and mission directly.
80% of the fee goes directly to Faith to cover the cost of caring for the children, their running costs and your volunteer experience.
Fee: **£350 per week**
Additional weeks: £100 per week
1 day training **plus manual** – on arrival
Accommodation in local homestay